Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Elderly Grocery Store Owner Refuses Robber

MARSHFIELD, Wis. (AP) -- A masked robber apparently thought the 96-year-old owner of a neighborhood grocery store in Marshfield would be an easy target for his crime. But, he was so wrong.

Margaretta Wolf has owned the store bearing her family name for 54 years. And she wasn't about to turn over her cash to the armed intruder after he ordered her to open the cash register.

"I said: 'I'm not opening up that cash register and that's it, I'm not opening it. I said you can have all the Tootsie Rolls you want but I am not opening that cash register,'" said Wolf.

The man in the silver mask and carrying a knife continued to give Wolf orders during the robbery attempt Monday.

More 

No comments: