Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Why Things Will Get Worse – Much Worse

It is easy to be upset about what is happening all around. The economy is being destroyed, deliberately, by insane economic policies. Incentives to work are being eliminated by punishing work. At the same timerewards are increasing for not working. Not surprisingly we get less of what we penalize (work) and more of what we subsidize (non-work).

As an economist I get sick over what I see happening to what was once a great engine of productivity, capital creation and improvements in standards of living.

After two centuries of progress that amazed the world, the conditions necessary for growth and productivity are steadily being removed. Their presence allowed the miracle of America. Their absence guarantees the decline. Carried to extreme, the US could become a second or third-world nation within a few decades. Virtually all changes in the last five to ten years point in this direction and these changes are accelerating.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand things will get worse , but most don't have a clue , or don't believe it.
I'm prepared , I will survive and my family will also.
The only thing I'm concerned with is stink and disease from bodies.
It's gonna be bad people.

Anonymous said...

People who do not know history are doomed to repeat it. What is old is new again.

Anonymous said...

Such DRAMA! I'm not sure I buy into all this bad to dooms day drama. I am certainly not going to follow you down the rabbit hole to find out. I'm going to live my life as I know best and try to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. Salvation is the other side of this coin. Too bad that so many people on this site seem to be h&!! bent to wish something into reality.