Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Letter To The Editor 2-26-12

WBOC Continues to Show Why They Suck

Joe,

I got home today and saw it was going to storm. So i do what I always do is go to wunderground.com to look and see what warnings have been issued, if I needed to secure anything or if we were going to be in a "Toto We Aren't In Kansas" any more situation. So I see there is a tornado warning out for storm that was running along the Delaware and Maryland border. So I turn on 16 and they are talking about the storm was near Hebron and moving to the southeast going to be going through Salisbury, Pittsville and Willards. Since I live out toward Powellville I thought ok may I better go back to the computer as they are usually more up to date time wise with their radar and track. So the tornado warning is still only being indicated near the Maryland/Delaware line. So I go to weather.com and it says the same thing. Then I go to accuweather.com and it says the same thing. Meanwhile while I am doing all of this they keep talking about how this storm is heading for Salisbury, then Pittsville and Willards. They kept insisting to show this storm and the direction it was taking and on and on and on and on. Hey WBOC, the storm they were referring to was moving east, northeast not south, southeast. You know how much wind we got here in Powellville area?? Enough to blow a candle out. It rained like hell for about 5 minutes, no thunder, no lightening, nothing. Now I'm not saying that there weren't areas that didn't get damage, but they made what could have been a very life threatening screw up. So a word to the wise, check your phones, have someone check theirs, find a computer, turn on the Weather Channel. Just don't count on these clowns to tell you anything when they can't even get north-northeast vs. south-southeast right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. My parents kept worrying when I knew the weather channel was saying it was going North northeast. I heard thunder and rain some some wind blows here in Fruitland.

Anonymous said...

And guess what? They've hired a weather storm expert,now they have three to look out the window!!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where Eileen Weilan (sorry for spelling) went?