Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Support Your Law Enforcement

Hi

I'm the mother of Deputy First Class Brian K. Heller who gave his life June 14, 2000. He was trying to keep our streets safe for your family and our family. Its about that time of year when I try to encourage families, friends, law enforcement agencies to decorate in blue lights for the coming holiday season. By placing one blue light in a window of your home, you'll be showing your support for officers killed in the line of duty and those who continue to work America's streets. By placing strings of blue lights outside your home, at the departments, and throughout the community , law enforcement officers will understand that they are appreciated!

The color BLUE is symbolic of PEACE. By displaying your blue lights, you will be sending a dual message that you support ---America's peacekeepers and that you hope the coming year will be a year of safety and peace.

LET YOUR BLUE LIGHTS SHINE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT AND PEACE DURING THE HOLIDAYS

Mother of a fallen officer
Connie Widmann

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to Thank you for sending this letter in. I am a mother of a Police Officer and I have a Blue Light in our window and I keep it in all year round. I am sorry for the loss of your son and I thank you for his bravery and yours. It takes every ounce of courage I have to support my child in his choice of profession.
Bless all the men & women that work to keep our country & streets safe. Peace for all.
Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Connie, everytime I drive to Pocomoke on Rt. 113, I am reminded of the sacrifice your son made trying to respond to help someone that night. May God grant you "the peace that passes all understanding" in continuing to deal with this tragedy. Our prayers go out to your entire family and I hope everyone takes you up on your suggestion this Christmas. Respectfully, just one of many who care....

Anonymous said...

I too,have a loved one in law enforcement and have had a blue light in my window, 24, 7 for years. God bless you and your family at this blessed season and may you son rest in peace knowing that "It was a job well done" a profession to be proud to serve.

Anonymous said...

I have many friends and family that are in law enforcement and lost a dear friend in 1995 who was killed in the line of duty.

We burn a blue candle in place of a regular one, every year during the holiday season.

Connie...god bless your son, you and your family. Thank you for the reminder.