Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Now Here's A Cool Story!














Remember back in the day, oh, let's say June 13th & 14th of 1996 when Cal Ripken was tying and then breaking the World Record for most consecutive games ever played in Baseball?

Considering those games in which he would tie and then break the World Record were not at home and were in fact being played in Kansas City it wasn't as exciting as if he was about to do so at home.

Nevertheless, I got this thought in my head, I wonder how sold out these games are? I made some phone calls and ultimately reached the Ball Park and asked what was available. They said, well, the first night is Family Night and those tickets are half price and there are plenty of tickets available. Hmmmmm, nice! The following night cost more but there are also plenty of tickets left over for that game as well. I responded, how many tickets are available? How many would you like Sir? All of them! Ha, ha, ha, ha, no, seriously Sir, how many would you like? ALL OF THEM!

Low and behold the manager gets on the phone and said, this is very unusual Sir, did you say you'd like ALL of the tickets to Friday Nights Game? Yes Sir, I would. I'd also like all of the available tickets to Thursday Nights Game. May I ask what this is for Sir? I replied, I'll tell you once I have the tickets in hand. This is my UPS Account Number and I'd like ALL of these tickets sent to me Next Day Air on my account. Yes Sir.

No one had thought of calling the Stadium and buying up whatever was available and when you look back to that Baseball Game for the rest of your life and you see the multiple empty seats throughout the Stadium, just know you know the guy that bought all those tickets and never attended the game. However, you'll also know who owns all those tickets that are easily worth $2,800.00 a piece several years ago. Who knows what they're worth now. One day I hope to work a deal with Cal to autograph each one of them and sell them at Auction.

I told you it was a cool story!

3 comments:

joe albero said...

Nope. Look it up.

joe albero said...

That's the American Record, NOT the World Record.

joe albero said...

The World Record was held by a Japanese Player who was at both of these games to witness the events. If I get the time I'll try to look up the name and so forth.