Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Overweight Is The New Normal Weight

A new report issued last week warned us that, if trends in the U.S. waistline continue as they are, 50 percent of our population would be obese by 2030.

There are many reasons why overweight and obesity are such problems right now. Some research suggests that we’ve grown more comfortable being overweight and that being overweight has become “normal,” while being of an ideal weight may appear to be “underweight.”
More


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the cartoon video Wall-E turning into reality.

Anonymous said...

Who says what the correct weight is?

Who the he!! is it that decides what my weight should be?

Get out of my life!

Anonymous said...

Leave me alone big goverment! I pay my bills and I pay my taxes. I don,t bother anybody and I willhelp anybody in need. What I eat and how big I am is my business! Now let me go eat my chips!

Anonymous said...

JT is not normal.

Anonymous said...

I wish the American public was NOT in such denial. Can anyone look beyond themselves anymore? Not very many people have an interest in being a role model for our children.

Anonymous said...

8:57 you can be a role model for your children, there is no guarantee your children will turn out the way you want them to.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that 9:23! I am one parent that has been an healthy role model and my kids just ignore.