Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What’s The Best Way To Handle The “Hold On, I’m On The Phone” Customer?

There is a special type of bad consumer that is the bane of both retail employees and other customers waiting in line -- the person who not only blabs away on their phone while waiting in line but also holds things up by refusing to pause their call when they get to the head of the line. So what is the best way to deal with this problem in a way that just won't slow things down even more?

More »

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave the store and never return. The other day I was in a store owned by a Indian or someone not from around here. I placed my item on the counter preparing to pay for it, while the whole time he was talking on his cell phone. It was like I was not important nor did I exist except for my money. I left the item and will never return. I drove 5 miles and spent my money elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

If the customer stays on the phone, simply say, "NEXT!" They can either hang up and take their turn, or get back to the end of the line. What part of "in line" don't you understand?

lmclain said...

5:38 is correct. Cal for the next customer and make the cell phone geek wait for the NEXT opportunity to get what they came for.