Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kevin Adams Responds To Mayor Ireton's Letter

To: Mayor Jim Ireton:

I read with interest, on this news site, your public response to our encounter at Flavors last Friday. I want to thank you for being such a gentleman, Jim. Perhaps you’re right. We should meet in an appropriate professional environment. I’d love to take you up your public invitation to discuss my concerns about the way you handle politics in Salisbury. The previous mayor also had an open door policy of which I partook. Consider this letter my “written request” to meet with you.

In a private setting, we could surely clarify the part of our “unfortunate encounter” in which you said I spoke unintelligibly. Or, you could elaborate on what you meant when you promised to resolve your issues with SAPOA President Kris Adams by January 1. As you recall, I ”strongly suggested” when we spoke at the bar, that January 1 isn’t soon enough for me; a simple apology shouldn’t take that long. Regardless, I look forward to hearing you out on how you plan to make things right.

Aggression does not have a place in public office. That’s why I specifically sought you out at the bar where you are known to frequent. I agree, a bar is not the best place for a local citizen to have to track down his mayor to express his political grievances. (What was I thinking?) As I am anxious to meet with you, I hope this letter finds you soon so that you aren’t surprised when I arrive at your office. Sometime after the Thanksgiving holidays would suit my schedule. Thanks again for reaching out. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Sincerely

Kevin Adams

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin Adams: Get over yourself. No one knows who you are or cares about you. You come across as petty (not that the mayor doesn't).

By the way, I presume Kris Adams is related to you - you might want to acknowledge that in your letter since no one knows who he/she is either.

Cathy Justice said...

Outstanding!

Cathy Justice said...

2:12 where have you been? Obviously not following the Mayors ignorance with SAPOA and SAPOA's president Kris Adams (Kevin's wife). Kevin & Kris are known by many in Salisbury. I'm sorry you don't have the pleasure of knowing them.

Anonymous said...

Annon 2:12 "Ditto" Adams is oblivious to the full scale of the agenda.

Anonymous said...

I know enough of the sapoa to understand their agenda.

Anonymous said...

This letter sounds juvenile with education. Still petty and insulting.

I'm glad you do not represent me.

Anonymous said...

Tracking down the mayor during personal time in a bar......classy.

Anonymous said...

I must be living in the twilight zone. I do not know what letter you read but the above post is very professionally written, stays on point, and you can clearly comprehend his issue.
Those bashing the author may consider taking an english class and brusing up on their reading skills.

Anonymous said...

The only problem is his issue is with Ireton not the way Ireton runs the city. In the letter he openly states he went to find him at the bar he frequents. Where I am from if you come into a bar looking for trouble, then you probably will leave with some.

Anonymous said...

This is to funny. Even though I don't like Jim Ireton anymore of SAPOA, I find this funny!

How do you like that a Mayor/school teacher frequenting bars. Is this the same establishment where our Mayor/school teacher took off his shirt and exposed his upper torso?

Anonymous said...

More open input is healthy. After all, it is just another opinion to balance against others.

Anonymous said...

Drinking and bars are his favorite hobbies. Thats all I ever hear him talk about when i am around him. He's a one trick pony folks and just another in a long line of bad political figures in Salisbury.

Anonymous said...

Kevin Adams is a fine person, hard worker, good family man. Evidently, 2:12 doesn't know you. That's all I have to say.

Anonymous said...

Maybe one day Salisbury will get a sober Mayor.

Anonymous said...

3:37 I have some ocean front property in North Dakota, interested?

Can you see the message in this, you didn't see hidden messages in this letter?

Anonymous said...

no, this is the bar wherein he has sloppy makeout sessions with his drunken boy wonder. Makeout sessions that would emabarrass me if I got drunk and did it with my own wife in a public place. "Not that there's anything wroinf with that" (or course, from Seinfeld)

Anonymous said...

Kevin, You're a good man, you have done a great job bringing and keeping your properties above standards. Good for you and stand up for what you beleive is right!
Jim Ireton=political hack!

Anonymous said...

What terrible times for Salisbury with this as our leadership! I thought teachers were supposed to be good role models. What a disgrace!

Anonymous said...

Actually, having been invested in this community for longer than most people living here I feel comfortable saying that very few people know who the Adams' are and I feel even more comfortable saying this is a losing battle for them.

Notron said...

I don't think the majority of people that read Kevin's letter understood its meaning. The mayor verbally attacked his wife in a public forum. This was uncalled for by a person that was voted by the people to represent the interests of the people. Kevin is simply calling out the mayor for his inappropriate demeanor towards people with different opinions then his own. By inappropriate demeanor I mean borderline childish. Good for Kevin, someone has to do it and if people can't see it, then they are peat of the problem too.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Maybe one day Salisbury will get a sober Mayor.

6:51 PM

Now that is some funny crap!! So true!!

If it paid $100,000 I would run for mayor.