Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear Lord, What A Day

Hey Joe,

Don't know if you remember, but awhile back you helped a young couple with handicapped child (Brody) to get the childs first haircut, in his home, for free.  Well, early yesterday morning Brody passed away.


Of all things, I was sitting around yesterday thinking about this beautiful child, wondering when he might need his next haircut. His Parents are beautiful people who so loved this child and to my dear friend Cindy, (Grandma) if there's anything I/we can do don't hesitate to ask.

God has taken two beautiful children in the past couple of days. I am comforted in knowing my Mother has them on her knees singing to them and bouncing them up and down with smiles on every one's faces.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

every time I hear the salvation army bells ringing i'll be reminded and know these children got their wings.

Anonymous said...

I pledge 20.00 to the salvation army in memory of this boy

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Brody!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, this is so sad. God bless them. Poor baby. Rest in the angels' arms and God console your family, honey.

Joe, Eric, thank you and God bless.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Thank you for your kind words. This is very sad and my thoughts and prayers go to Cindy (a dear friend of mine) and her daughter and son in law. I never could imagine going through something like this. Glod Bless everyone and dont forget to tell your loved ones each day how much you love them. Your never too old to get or to give a hug.
RIP Sweet baby Brody...may you look down from Heaven and brighten the hearts of the ones who will miss you the most!

Anonymous said...

Joe

I just heard that the family didn't have life insurance for this little boy. I will try to find out more information in case others want to donate to help with expenses.

Anonymous said...

9 yr. old Wayne Bailey lost his battle with neuroblastomaas well. so sad to lose the little ones. No more suffering, though.

Anonymous said...

Joe - you are such an awesome person!! On this Thanksgiving, I am very thankful you are here with this blog, helping people. You might not realize how many people pray for you and for those whose stories you bring to us. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. God Bless You :-)

Anonymous said...

Due to Brody’s health problems he was not eligible for life insurance. Donations for funeral arrangements can be made to PNC Bank, c/o Andy Phillips, 1512 S. Salisbury Blvd., Salisbury, MD 21801. I know the family would greatly appreciate any donations during this difficult time.