Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 06, 2015

Serena Williams ends boycott of 'racist' tennis tournament

Serena Williams will end her boycott of a US tennis tournament next month - 14 years after her family suffered 'racist' abuse at the event.

The world number one twice won the Indian Wells tournament, in California, as a teenager, beating Steffi Graf in 1999 and Kim Clijsters in 2001.

Experiences of the latter year, when she felt racially victimised, left the 33-year-old American hurt for many years.

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seen her unprofessional behavior. I hope she stays away!

Anonymous said...

What ever. What did she expect?

Anonymous said...

Maybe they should refuse her entry.....hmmmm??

Anonymous said...

me me me cause im black.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the love of money makes you do crazy things!

Anonymous said...

I only watch it when Martina plays.

Anonymous said...

Give me Special treatment or you are racist.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is fair for men with sex change operations to play tennis against women.

It is an unfair advantage

Anonymous said...

Men? Lol 2:12 those sisters are from the predator movie!

Anonymous said...

Its a man baby.