Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 27, 2009

WCDC Loses Inmate?

I was at the District Court in Wicomico County today to testify for a friend. While I was there the case of State vs Brinton Cox was called. This is the inmate who attacked Sergeant Stone. When the case was called Mr. Cox was not present. The state was ready with its witnesses. When the Detention Center was called to have Mr. Cox brought to court the Detention Center said that they did not have an inmate by that name.

I thought this was odd so I went to the Maryland Judicary website and looked up Mr. Cox's case. Here is what I found out.
1. An arrest warrant was issued on Janurary 12, 2009 for assault on a correctional officer and reckless endangerment.
2. On Janurary 13, 2009 Mr. Cox had a apperance before a district court commissioner and a bond of 9500 dollars imposed.
3. Mr. Cox had an bond review in district court and the bond upheld.
4. I found no place where Mr. Cox was released on bond pertaining this case.

These are all public records and even I was able to look them up with no problem.

Since this is a Wicomico County case and the detention center is to keep track of all their inmates, where is Mr. Cox?

I went so far as to call to the Detention Center myself and was told that Mr. Cox was released from Wicomico County Custody on Feburary 24, 2009.

What kind of jail do we have when a inmate is released that should not be.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

He made bail somehow.

Anonymous said...

since lt. kelly is in charge of records and the significant other of maj. moore we will probally never hear any more about this.

Anonymous said...

bail was never posted

Anonymous said...

Sgt. Stone got very irate when he found out that Mr. Cox was not in WCDC custody on Tuesday and tried to get the matter fixed. Lt. Kelly got mad at him and took him to Capt. Foreman. Col. Kimble was also aware and told him that it was no longer any concern of his. HMM I guess Sgt. Stone was right afterall.

Anonymous said...

its been said over and over mngmnt is a bad egg there the good ole boy system and rick pollit is doing nothing about it!!!!!!!!!!! good job lt kelly.......... your incharge of records

Anonymous said...

This is confusing. Having been a booking officer, I can't see how this could have happened. The check's, the paperwork, and a supervisor needs to double check and sign in order to release and inmate.

what is also confusing is, I see no warrent for Cox's arrest.
I also found this:
CMIT 02/27/2009 DEFENDANT COMMITTED;090227;CCS

Which means on friday, without issueing a warrent Cox is again committed, but doesn't state where.

Now back to 2/24/09.
Mr. cox was found not guilty on another assault case. ?was this the cause of the release? Possible. If someone just looks at the charge and not the case #. But again this requires 3 differant people to review,i.e. records person, booking officer, & a supervisor. I still don't see it.

Hey, 3D, give a press release concerning this incident.
Matter of fact you should give press release's when anything serious happens there. I.E. officers assaulted, officers violating, ect. then it would show you are not hideing or covering up anything.

Tom Sawyer

joe albero said...

TS, Take out the curse words, I'll put up your comment. If not, don't come back.

Anonymous said...

P.S.
I'm getting really tired of this Lt. Kelly bashing. Either you've
never worked with her, or you're mad because she's tougher than you.

Kelly may be in charge but she's not there 24/7.

Mistakes happen everywhere in life.

Deal with it. And Move on.

joe albero said...

MISTAKES?????????

Isn't it illegal to get pregnant by an INMATE?

Now if I'm out of line and this isn't the person you're talking about, forgive me. However, if it is, get a grip!

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Learn how to spell WARRANT!, not warrent. Geez, no wonder.

Anonymous said...

hahaha must have been a friend of the Mayor's...lmao

Anonymous said...

F I R E K I M B L E .....

He is the Security Chief, Thus HE
is Responsible for anything in
Security......ie any mishaps with
Releasing Inmates, etc .....

Fire Lt Kelly Too, if she messes Up............They are BOTH WORTHLESS , and taking Up
Space.......

How does an Inmate , WHO, Assaults
an Officer, Not Be at Court ?????

Anonymous said...

Joe,
@10:15 AM you said"Isn't it illegal to get pregnant by an INMATE?"

I was talking about Lt. Kelly. I don't think she ever got pregnant by an inmate. LOL.

But going back to it, I have never concidered a criminal act a mistake. All Correctional Officers know that having sex with inmates is a criminal act. I is highly stressed at the Acadamy, so there's no excuse. However, I still haven't seen any charges filed on any of the pregnant officer. I am sure if a male officer got a female inmate pregnant, that would be another story.

Now, in my approx. 2 years in Central Booking, I had only seen One bad release. It was done by no other than ofc. Chandler. He didn't even get out of the parking lot. I wonder if if was the same inmate that knocked her up?

Anonymous said...

F I R E K E L L Y and

K I M B L E They are Responsible

for Getting inmates to Court

They BOTH should be Booked in themselves...........

Anonymous said...

Amazingly Mr. Cox was found after being released from Worcester County on 3-12-09. Even though the administration knew well in advance of their mistake of releasing Mr. Cox after he was sent to Worchester on another unrelated charge, they failed to inform Worchester County. Mr. Cox is back in custody at WCDC and should not miss his next court date.