Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Spin

This is a spin off from the Truth be Told article posted on Oct. 28th


Twas the day of my paycheck

And I was surprised

Extra deductions did appeared to my eyes.


What's this for and that for and I said what the heck?

My once livable pay had turned into a wreck!


Deductions for Food Stamps

Decdutions for the poor

Free housing for them

And a whole lot more.


My taxes went up

As high as the sky

And I just had to ask

Now I wonder why.


I work by butt offf

I work hard everday

Now I have to figure

How to live on my pay.


Can't go on Welfare

I make too much for that

And am now being taxed

So someone else can sit fat.


Vote how you feel

Vote for the best

But please don't make me

Pay for the rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fairy tale

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have mentioned that I wrote that as satire after listening to a co-worker whine all day yesterday.