Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 08, 2015

A Pair of SS396 Novas - Rare Finds

"There is no way you found two of them"

"My jaw dropped," Jonathan Large said. Finding one factory 396-powered Nova was enough of a surprise, but he found two—both Super Sports, both coupes, and both '70 models, the last year of the big-block in Chevrolet's compact car line.

"We went to a car show four years ago in Elizabethtown, North Carolina," Jonathan said. "It's just a small town. I had taken my Chevelle convertible."

He met Rodney Stewart at this show. Stewart also owns a Chevelle, and the two began talking. "He told me his daddy had two big-block Novas. He thought they were '69 models. I was born in 1969, so I said, 'Hmm, what's he want for them?' And he told me 1500 bucks apiece, but you had to buy them both."

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with some people having all the luck.However,I do have a problem with people who let valuable cars sit and rust to pieces.