Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 13, 2012

No Joke: DOE Official Calls Energy Loan Program an ‘Enormous Success’

During a hearing on the Department of Energy’s (DOE) loan guarantee program for “green” energy projects on Thursday, DOE Loan Program Office Acting Executive Director David Frantz had some surprising news: contrary to report, after report, after report, the program has actually been an “enormous success.”

“Don’t you agree that the loan guarantee program has had a tough record?” Rep. “Cliff” Stearns (R-FL) asked Frantz.

“Ah, quite to the contrary, sir,” Frantz responded, “I think it has been an enormous success.”

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting my own business after being laid off 3 years ago doing construction. I had 2 signed Government contracts that would not pay until 30 days after job completion. My bank laughed at my loan request for this bricks and mortar work. Yet they loan millions to "green" crap that makes no money and has no business plan.

Anonymous said...

9:09 PM

So?

lmclain said...

By "enormous success", he means "we have just about finished paying back all the campaign contributors"....is he for real? Its so outrageous, I can't even think of a good, sarcastic analogy...