Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 13, 2012

Levin: Welfare Game Has Become 'How Do We Steal From Our Fellow Citizens?'

Last night, radio host Mark Levin declared, “The game now is ‘How do we steal from our fellow citizens?’”

Levin was referring to the growing welfare state in America:

“It’s not just the government. There’s a significant percentage of people in this country that we are battling now, who are demanding that you pay them so they can have a different lifestyle. Not because they’re needy, not because they’re poor, not because they’re handicapped. No. They want you to take care of them.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright, I have to speak out to this. I got laid off Sept 08, and knowing no one was going to be hiring for at least a year, signed up for college and also got myself my MHIC license so I could get whatever came down the line.

With the college expenses for a Home Inspection license, and no health insurance for my kids, and the expenses of everyday life plus a business startup, I was forced to apply for food stamps. It was embarassing to go to the store as a contractoe and paying with an EBT card, but that's the reality.

However, as a thrifty grocery shopper for 40 years, I have developed certain habits that I am very proud of. I go early Sunday to get last day sale meat for my freezer, which I fill with whatever is on sale. Sometimes it's pork chops, someimes chicken, someimes beef, but I always stock up on what's on sale and store accordingly.

Then came food stamps. I did the same habits for me and my son, and after 3 or 4 months, not knowing how much was left on the account, I called the phone number and holy crap, I had over 1,000 dollars still on the card! I'm sorry, but we just plain couldn't eat that much! So, since I was coming up for renewal/ review, I went out and bought lobster, scallops, shrimp, T-bones, Filet Mignon and such just because my freezer is so small and can only hold so much volume.
My thoughts were that if I didn't spend it, they would think I didn;t need it, so I went to friends for help spending the money, I mean, i didn;t want to lose my benefit and have to spend the time to re-apply, so I had to do what I had to do. We had limited freezer space, so we had to buy T-bones, lobster, crab, filet mignon just to get it spent and still have aq way to store it!
So if you see a 300 lb person bying high end food with an EBT card, yo will be able to understand the reality of the situation!

Thank the good Lord I'm off them now!