Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 09, 2011

FINALLY, A Restaurant In Salisbury To Rave About




While there are only a select few restaurants in which I can truly recommend, with all confidence the new "Steak Salisbury" at the old Fountains is just to die for.

The Owner Gus is giving any and all local restaurants a run for their money. Top shelf Chefs, brand new equipment and decor, this man has fronted millions of dollars to offer the finest food on the Shore.

When I spoke with Gus the day after he bought the Fountains he assured me that this would be the finest dining around. Yeah, people say such things but last night my Wife and I made reservations and had the honor of meeting the entire Staff, including the Chef.

We ordered the crab dip, TO DIE FOR! Lump crab meat and truly loaded. I ordered the prime rib and my Wife ordered the scallops. You might look at the plate above and think, only four? Guess what, we brought home TWO! My prime rib was absolutely perfect and believe me, Gus is NOT ordering his food from Sysco, nor Sam's Club.

We finished our delicious meal with a chocolate volcano, oh my God. We also ordered a cup of coffee each and let me assure you, this was some of the finest coffee I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying here on the Shore.

The prices were more than reasonable and even the owner of Ruth Chris had eaten there and loved every bit of what he had ordered. Mind you Folks, if you're looking for quick service, this is NOT the place to go. This is fine dining at its best. I'm not suggesting you have to wait forever to get your meal. I'm simply stating this is the kind of restaurant in which you go to relax and enjoy your meal without feeling the pressure of, NEXT! I'll add, the pricing is comparable to ANY local restaurant.

The personal service will surprise you, without having to go to the Bank to finance your meal. It's exactly what Salisbury has been begging for and you need to give them a shot. I can assure you of one thing, you'll probably catch my Wife and I there fairly often and for once we can call our friends from Ocean City and invite them to Salisbury for a great meal.

We welcome Steak Salisbury with four generations of ownership from Montgomery County, now living here on the Eastern Shore.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will go tonight. I wasn't aware they were under new ownership. My wife is going to love this.

Anonymous said...

My neighbors daughter was recently hired there and I can't wait to try them out.

Anonymous said...

We were there Monday night for their grand opening. The food is delicious and the service was exactly how Joe expressed it. This is the best restaurant Salisbury has ever had.

Anonymous said...

12:52-

Wrong -- it was Johnny & Sammy's --good dining with music by Maude & Earl.

Anonymous said...

Let's not get carried away. Let's hope that this continues. There have been plenty of restaurants with great food in Salisbury. The problem is that they are not supported by the people of the area, so they pack their tents and leave. You can't get great meals at English prices.

Anonymous said...

What? And you didn't invite us?!

Anonymous said...

@1:14. Truer words have never been spoken.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it and look forward to trying it.

Restaurant 213 in Fruitland is every bit as wonderful as you said, Joe. I'll take your word on this one, too.

We can't afford to do these kinds of places often, but my honey and I decided to spend our "extras" budget on nights out like this. Beats buying junk that sits around the house.

Anonymous said...

The problem is that they are not supported by the people of the area, so they pack their tents and leave. You can't get great meals at English prices.

December 9, 2011 1:14 PM

So you and 5:01 go support them. I think me and the wife will give them a try. Tired of the same old same old with crappy service.

Salisbury really needed a steak house so hopefully they will do fine.

Just hope they can keep out the drunks and riff-raff.

Daddio said...

My wife and I ate there on Wednesday, and we can affirm that the food was excellent.

I ordered the Salisbury Steak, but it was anything but ordinary. I don't know how they did it, but that was the best Salisbury Steak I have had in years. For $10, it's a great bargain as well.

Kudos to Otis, Gus, and Ulysses for bringing this fine restaurant to Salisbury!

Anonymous said...

All of it looks yummy. Hope they do good. Need a nice place for dinner.
Hard to beat my husband's cooking thou. We rarely go out.
Might give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Our group had dinner there and we were pleasantly surprised that entrees started as low as $10.00. My childhood favorite Salisbury Steak was unbelievably delicious. Brought back memories.
How can you beat that without sacrificing quality?
Homemade bread to die for!!!!