Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

5 Ways for Parents To Prevent Teen Burn-Out

Got a 'crispy' teen in your house? Well, that is certainly not a surprise.
Parents are constantly flooded with warnings about the dangers of putting too much pressure on their teens. They are advised toturn down the heat because excessive stress may lead to anxiety, depression, and even physical illness. On the other hand, there is constant pressure to have your kids keep up with the other kids, take the most challenging classes, get into a good college etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I could not agree more. I know personally going to college changed my life and in a way that was not expected. So much added pressure goes along with college when your parents are footing the bill. I have struggled and it kills me that they are in debt because of me. I am not the same guy I used to be in high school, the added pressure is immense and sometimes it is all I can do to handle it. I wake up with plenty of stuff on my mind every morning and I just can not wait for this experience to be over.