The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 08, 2016

Faulty toaster blamed for Bob Evans fire in Easton

EASTON — It was a malfunctioning toaster to blame for the fire that destroyed Bob Evans Restaurant in the early morning hours of May 14, 2016, according to a report issued from the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s office Thursday.

The popular restaurant stood at 8957 Ocean Gateway.

The official cause of determination stated that the fire originated in the kitchen area where the toaster was located after the employees had cleaned up and gone home for the night.

“It was typical practice to leave the toaster plugged in and on after business hours,” the report said.

Investigators said the fire burned inside the restaurant for over an hour prior to any notification to the local fire departments.



Anonymous said...

That typical practice needs to be changed, do you think?

Anonymous said...

Remodeling time in OC, this is why our insurance costs so much!

Anonymous said...

Faulty toaster... Yeah right!

Anonymous said...

Um, 12:08 PM the fire was in Easton and Easton is not in Ocean City.

Anonymous said...

The building is now toast.

Anonymous said...

No GFI receptacle? Fire from a toaster? That is a "Charlie Brown " scenario.

Anonymous said...

I assume the Manager is totally embarrassed.


Anonymous said...

Must of had a big insurance policy on toaster fires.

Anonymous said...

Toaster Lives Matter