Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Man Walks Across Country To Spread Word of Jesus

Steve Epp knew what he needed to do.

“The Lord said, take the cross to the street,” Epp said. “This is my church.”

With that message, Epp went to the street, carrying a cross. In the past several weeks, he has trekked through the Carolinas and Georgia.

“I’m enjoying it,” Epp said. “I’m 63, I was a very sick man five years ago, and I said, ‘God, I have to make a mark. I want to change my country.’ We blame our president, and we blame everybody else, but it’s really our fault. The church needs to be out there, and so if nobody else will do it, I will, and it’s been an amazing journey. I can’t even describe it. I thought it’s going to be hard, but it’s been amazing.”

Epp said he is amazed by the charity and hospitality of those in the states he has visited in the past eight weeks.

“I don’t think anywhere in the United States is like the Carolinas and Georgia,” Epp said.

“I’ve received 200 to 300 bottles of water, 50 bottles of Gatorade. I’ve got gifts I couldn’t turn down. Food, cupcakes, the people are so gracious.”

Epp said his trip has just started, and he will go across the country to spread the word.

“I’ve done the bottom part of North Carolina, then I went through South Carolina, I’m going through Georgia, and I’ll be in Alabama sometime a week after next,” Epp said. “I’m going from coast to coast."

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he stops in Ferguson

Anonymous said...

Now that's just harsh!

lol

Anonymous said...

The guy in OC pulls the cross with a bike. They should get together.

Anonymous said...

There are much more constructive things he could do with his time.

Anonymous said...

11:16
It's his time. Who are you to judge what he does with it?

Anonymous said...

He must not have to work for a living.