Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 02, 2015

Lawmakers To Debate Worker Sick Leave Bill

This Tuesday, the Senate Finance Committee will hold a hearing on the Maryland Healthy Working Families Act.

The bill would require businesses with more than 9 employees to allow their employees to earn paid sick leave.

A full time employee could earn one hour of sick leave for every thirty hours worked.

A worker could earn up to 56 hours or seven days of sick leave every year, to use when either they are sick, or they need to treat a sick child or other relatives.

The legislation includes coverage for those who are victims of rape or domestic violence.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What part do they not get? Stop hurting business' and stay out of the private sector. It runs better without your "oversight", which is laughable, at best.

Anonymous said...

7 sick days a year whether you are sick or not. most small businesses understand if you are sick and do not dock employees. now you are forced. what next

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't want to give an employee off after a rape? I'd sooner spit on your door then enter it.

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't want to give an employee off after a rape? I'd sooner spit on your door then enter it.

Anonymous said...

OK...I have the flu and I have been puking all afternoon and I'm going to work tomorrow if I can drag my body there because I need the money. So .... I cannot tell you where I work because I don't want to hurt my bosses business.... just in case you don't like flu with your lunch.