Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

House Republicans Propose Limiting Md. Budget Growth To 1%

Republican members of the Maryland House of Delegates are calling on the legislature to trim next year’s budget and avoid cutting payments to the state’s pension fund.

The House Minority Caucus presented its alternative budget plan Tuesday, which reduces spending growth to 1% from the fiscal year 2015’s budget proposed 4%. They plan on offering these amendments Wednesday.

“For years we’ve been offering alternative plans and alternative budgets and if any one of them had been adopted, we wouldn’t be in the fiscal mess we find ourselves in today,” said Eastern Shore Republican Del. Jeannie Haddaway, a candidate for lieutenant governor.
More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I would ever ever say this being a life long democrat! I QUIT and will register as a Republican at the age of 69 I worked at Deers Head and have personally experienced my budget diving down thanks to OMalley! I have had enough of Wicomico County politics! And so glad I don't live in Salisbury. I live in Delmar Md 2 miles from the line if I could I would drag that house up the road! Joe can't thank you enough for divulging all the dirty politics we don't hear on local media. I cancelled the DT four years ago, and no longer watch wboc. Enough is enough I will GO REPUBLICAN! I do get tired of people who use really ignorant comments on the site, but it is their freedom of speech but I read your Blog daily!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Growth? How about CUTS in stupid liberal money wasting projects. Even a modest 5% would be a start. In reality it could probably be around 25% and not hurt the taxpaying citizens of the state.