Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dear Jim Mathias & Norm Conway

I have been working my fingers to the bone for almost 10 years now with Salisbury News.

Gentlemen, we have made incredible donations with the funds we have raised through advertising. We are not a non profit, just a small group of people trying to give back to our community by "Paying It Forward". 

I have a couple of buildings in Wicomico County that could use some sprucing up. We provide news and information 24 hours a day now during the week and we have been well known for delivering information none of the rest of the Main Stream Media are willing to expose.

I know I'm worth millions of dollars but hey, so is the Lions Club. You donated to the Radio Station at Salisbury University and even to the Library there.

Before the line gets too long, I'd like the state to make a major donation to our cause on behalf of the First Amendment. 

Now Jim, I've known you some 35 years now, can you give an old buddy a hand. 

Am I out of line here Ladies & Gentlemen? I mean, we have been working really hard. I think we deserve help too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO..if you need a handout just sell your website or raise advertising rates

Don't make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

11:17, talk about someone missing the point. Joe was trying to make you and everyone laugh - at the ridiculousness of the state providing funds for a local building for a local chapter of an international non-profit.

Anonymous said...

WHAT ABOUT SAVE THE YOUTH IN POCOMOKE! THEY NEED MONEY TOO.

Anonymous said...

LMAO at you 11:17! Your obsession at attempting to bring Joe down made you overlook a very obvious satirical post. What are you a simpleton or something?
You people are pathetic in your obsession. Get a life and quit worrying yourself stupid over what's going on here, you obsessed fool!

Anonymous said...

Not out of line at all, makes about as much sense as what they do on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

I am a member of the Fruitland Lions Club. We meet in a local church. We have not been able to secure our own building. We would appreciate it if you could give us a $ 100,000. to secure our own facility. You can then count on Fruitland citizens voting you in office again. Thanks.