Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

CLARKE: Liberal policies have destroyed the black family

The latest attempt by liberals to help black people is underway in our K-12 urban public schools. These do-gooders are now defining down socially acceptable behavior for black students in school. Bad behavior is being excused and attempts to hold black kids accountable by enforcing codes of conduct are called racist. Having a sense of discipline has always been considered a virtue, a redeeming quality, but now its roots are claimed to lie in racism.

White liberal elites have chimed in about school codes of conduct. The Capital Times newspaper of Madison, Wis., recently chronicled bad behavior by black students in its public schools. In the story, Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said that racial discrimination in school discipline codes “is a real problem today.” The white superintendent of the Madison public schools believes that “we need to address head-on our racial bias and the assumptions we make of students who are in the classroom.” Really? Where I come from, bad behavior has always been unacceptable and is codified not by race but by societal norms to keep chaos from reigning.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally am sick and tired of seeing and hearing the RACE card played! We are all AMERICANS - I don't care what color you are! Get over it people - it is 2014 - not 1952! Grow up! I pose one question for you - What is gonna happen when the African american is no longer a Minority? It will happen! Then what?

Anonymous said...

Then you will have a majority of families that have been destroyed by liberal policies 10:13.

Anonymous said...

It's easy to say your tired of "the Race Card" when you've never had issues because of your race. Until you walk in a black person's shoes, please stop. Unfair policies are just that unfair and typically people use race as their basis for their bs.

Anonymous said...

And on welfare

Anonymous said...

Please be a little more specific, 1:32. What, exactly, do blacks experience that whites, Asians, Hispanics, native Americans, etc, don't have to deal with? What 'unfair policies' do blacks contend with? Do you really believe that only blacks have issues because of their race? Kind of racist, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Give me a friggin break 1:32...look around plenty of blame to go around plenty of single mothers with numerous kids and no fathers around..all for the sake of a welfare check..who the suckers...black working man i respect ....loafers and leaches of any race I despise...welfare was meant to be a safety net...not a carreer...

Nellie said...

I am a proud black woman. I raise my 9 kids like my black culture tells me to in my church. Don't you whites thing everybody be like you. You can walk our black paths some too. I seen those white children walking and acting like zoomies. We not want to act white culture. America is ourn country to. You all mite as well get used to it. That's what I say.I deserve all I git from the government and could use more. A mess of stingy white folk.