Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 08, 2013

Register To Receive Emergency Notifications

COMMUNICATOR CELL PHONE REGISTRATION INFORMATION

The Communicator System is a citizen notification method that will automatically notify the citizens of Wicomico County of important information in the event of an impending or occurring emergency via telephone communications. The system uses telephone company phone listings and addresses to place calls to residences in specific areas or countywide. Telephone companies do not maintain data bases for cellular phones that include addresses. Therefore, cell phones must be added with an address in order for a cellular customer to receive the informational call.

If you wish to receive these emergency messages on a cell phone, you must register your cell phone with the Department of Emergency Services (DES).

To register you must go to the DES web site at http://www.wicomicocounty.org/ES and select the section entitled: Communicator Citizen Emergency Notification System Cell Phone Self Registration Portal

Once you have logged in to the portal, follow the instructions to register your cell phone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm yeah just what I'm gonna do....confirm what phone numbers are mine.

Anonymous said...

So we can be inundated with harassing telemarketers & spied on by govt? I don't think so. Last time I registered it was for do not call list. You wouldn't believe the calls. Way more than before.

Anonymous said...

No thanks, they can get it from the NSA if they want it. I don't want this government helping me. Big brother has gone way to far. It's always a new program and the tax payers get stuck for the bill. I want less government, I certainly don't want them calling every time it's going to rain. Wake up people.

Anonymous said...

Headline should be: Register to receive harassing texts.

Anonymous said...

How many tax dollars were spent on this boondoggle?

Anonymous said...

will there be a noise that can't be quieted like the one on comEFFINcast?

Anonymous said...

To bad Somerset County doesn't have a DES that could have advised residents in Crisfield. I guess Wicomico County cares about it's residents. For those that confuse themselves with the verizon and NSA deal, can you say paranoid, bet if they said register to win free Ipod, you'd be the first ones.

Anonymous said...

They are Obama phones, get the names, numbers, and addresses from him. I pay for mine, I'll keep my information to myself for as long as I can and I wouldn't register to win a free Ipod either 4:43.

Anonymous said...

Nazi Mike and his minnions will use it as a police state tracking device. No thanks..