Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reader's Story Of Lackluster Lawnmower Service Exemplifies Why Sears Is Sinking

It wasn't that long ago that the Sears name actually stood for quality, service and all those other buzz words you hear in TV commercials. When people ask "What happened?," it's easy to point to the growth of big-box competitors like Walmart and Target, but that doesn't paint the full picture of why the once-iconic Sears brand is now considered second-tier by many shoppers.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Sears everytime I go there they want to get all of my information which I don't want them to have. I just want to pay and leave Sears doesn't need my name ,address or phone number!

Anonymous said...

Joe,yesterday I went to Sears Parts Store to price a small plastic cap that goes to our dishwasher.They didn't have it but would order it for 32.00 plus 9.88 shipping.The shipping was what ticked me off.The part is the size of a soda bottle cap.Came home,went online and bought the same item for 18.00 postage paid.Won't buy another appliance from there.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I went to the Sears Service Center to get a small plastic cap for our dishwasher.it's app. the size of a soda bottle cap.They said they could order it at a cost of 32.00 plus 9.88 for shipping.The shipping is a total rip off and overpriced by 8.00.Came home,ordered the same part online for a total cost of 17.95.Will never buy another appliance or item from Sears.When you walk in the door at the Mall at least 3 salespeople converge on you.They have no clue.