Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

College Students + Petition to Redistribute Grades = Another Funny Video

The idea isn’t new, but the results are just as funny.

The Young America’s Foundation (YAF) just released a “stellar entry” from its annual GPA Redistribution Petition and Video Contest. That contest looks to capture hypocritical thinking on college campuses, where many are willing to redistribute wealth but not grades. The following entry comes from Carthage College (located in Wisconsin*). YAF explains what you’re about to see:

Yet, when students at Carthage where asked if they would be willing to sign a petition to redistribute GPA points from the top 10% to the rest of the college, most of them said NO. One student said, “No, because I worked hard for my grades!”

Another said, “At Carthage, each student has an equal opportunity to get the GPA they desire.” And another, “I don‘t want my GPA being taken away from me if I had an ’A’.”

More 

No comments: