Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dog For Sale

A  guy is driving around the back woods  of Montana  and he sees a sign in front of  a
 
broken  down shanty-style house:   'Talking  Dog For Sale 'He rings  the bell and  the owner appears and tells him  the dog  is in the  backyard.

The guy goes into the  backyard and sees a nice looking  
 Labrador  retriever sitting  there.

'You  talk?' he asks.

'Yep,'  the Lab replies.

After  the guy recovers from the shock of  hearing
 a  dog talk, he says  'So, what's  your story?'

The  Lab looks up and says, 'Well, I  discovered
 that  I could talk when I was pretty  young.. I wanted to help the government, so I  told  the CIA.
 

In  no time at all they had me jetting  from
 country to  country, sitting in rooms with  spies and  world leaders, because no one figured  a dog would be  eavesdropping.'

'I  was one of their most valuable spies for  eight
 years  running... 

But  the jetting around really tired me  out,
 and  I knew I wasn't  getting any younger  so I  decided to settle down. I signed up for a  job at  the airport to do some  undercover  security, wandering  near suspicious characters  and listening  in. I uncovered some  incredible dealings  and was awarded a batch of  medals.' 'I  got married, had a  mess  of puppies, and now I'm just  retired.'

The  guy is amazed. He goes back in and  asks
 the  owner what he wants for the  dog.

'Ten  dollars,' the guy says.

'Ten dollars?  This dog is amazing! Why  on
 earth  are you selling him so  cheap?' 

'Because  he's a liar.  He's never been out of  the yard'

No comments: