Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

THANK YOU SALISBURY NEWS READERS!

There's been an ongoing search for Haus for the past two days. I have received so many calls from the owner asking if we could please update the Post. Usually the majority of animals we Post here on Salisbury News are reunited with their owners in about 15 minutes, (believe it or not). I knew something was up with this particular animal because he's just HUGE and can't be missed.

Today we re-posted Haus and wouldn't you know it, my phone started ringing off the hook. He's here, he's there! We were running Salisbury Animal Control all over the place. Finally, Haus got so overheated he finally laid down in some one's back yard in the shade and a dear friend called me to tell me she knew where he was.

I immediately got in the truck and headed over to Riverside Road and wouldn't you know it, Haus was exhausted and thirsty. This animal is just huge and only 14 months old. We just kept filling the water bowl and he'd drink everything in it and look up with those eyes saying, can I have a little more please.

Nevertheless, I called Animal Control and the owners to let them know we had him secure. A very special thanks goes out to Mrs. Marshall who went more than the extra mile to rescue this wonderful dog. Let me assure you, the owners couldn't be more excited and grateful to all of you for helping find him.

I have always stated, this is the greatest feature Salisbury News provides. Again, thank you all for helping out. It takes a community to make such positive results and as always you came through again.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is by far one of the best issues with Salisbury News. Most of us love our pets and you will find no other news media with this blessing.

catjowill said...

So glad he was found and is home with you. You can cool him down with ice in a terry cloth compresses between his legs (actually where his testicles were/are). Becareful not to over feed him also. And when he is back to normal, make sure you tell him how much he aged you the past few days! LOL

Anonymous said...

awww big headed rascal. Give him kisses.

Anonymous said...

Great! Look at the head on that Mug. I bet Haus is glad to be home and eat, drink and take a nice long nap on the couch : )

Drew said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I took a drive down Riverside as well at luchtime based on you earlier post. Glad to hear the big guy is ok.

Anonymous said...

boy haus has a hot owner.

Anonymous said...

I don't agree with your propaganda,but do appreciate your efforts reuniting pets/dogs/cats/horses, etc. with their rightful owners....Lost pets go through as much stress as the owners....

Anonymous said...

So glad he's home! Had taken a drive down Riverside today in hopes of spotting him.

Anonymous said...

Best news I have had all day!

If I weren't a guy, I'd kiss U, Joe!

Anonymous said...

I was sooooo worried about Haus. I am absolutely thrilled he is back home again safe and sound.