Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 03, 2011

Google / GMail Users–Beware of Password Fishing

I use Google for a lot of things:

  • GMail (e-mail)
  • Calendar
  • To-Do Lists
  • Google Notebooks (notes)
  • the list goes on …

I recently receive an email that was pretty scary.  I received an email that claimed to be from Google.  It stated that multiple attempts to access my account had been made and that Google was poised to launch an investigation.  The also asked me to “validate” my email account.

Click the link and you are taken to the standard Google log-in screen … or so it appears.  In reality I was taken to a fake screen on another site.

Google users should be aware.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the difference?
Google is nothing more than a personal information mining company.
They track every aspect of your internet use if you sign up for any of their services.
Google is not a good thing!