Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 03, 2011

A Follow Up On One Lost Dog

Mr. Albero,
    
Last night around 8 p.m. Andrea from the pet salon came to pick up the puppy. (If you can call him that. Ha, ha, he's so big & strong.)
     
I managed to settle him down quite a bit & he even went to the bathroom outside. (No mess in the house since Tuesday am.) What a character! We were going for a walk to see where he would go, but I just couldn't manage him on a leash. He loves to play and he took to Andrea immediately. She said she has a St. Bernard to keep him busy at play which he would rather do than anything.
    
She's going to foster him & will be looking for a good home for him, so I'll retrieve the few posters I placed around our couple of blocks. (announcing his location) I miss him already and honestly do wish I could keep him. If he were smaller, I'd even "foster him".
    
What a service! You and "The Salon" deserve some kind of award for taking in these animals. Generally I prefer animals to most people I meet, but all of you are exceptions to that. You're all SOOOO kind. I can't thank you enough. The best part is, this huge puppy isn't lying injured or worse on some roadway.
    
Thank you, again.

Editors Notes: When it became obvious the owners of this animal were not going to come forward to claim their dog I made contact with our dear friends, (the William's Family) from Cathy's Pet Salon. I wanted to reach out to see if they might know of someone who specializes in that breed. Cassandra remembered the pet I was talking about as she had seen it on SBYNews and said, let me call you right back.
10 minutes later Cassie told me one of the girls working in the Salon was very interested in fostering this animal. This is the second or third time they have done this and the really cool part about it is, they always find the most loving homes/owners.
More importantly, if you knew the situation this particular puppy has been in you'd not only be amazed, you'd be so proud. The couple that found this dog, well, let's just say they're getting up there is years and unfortunately this puppy is just too playful for them. To hear them talk about him you'd think he was already a part of the Family.
My thanks goes out to ALL of you who temporarily Foster so many of these lost animals. While we have been extremely successful in reuniting them with their owners, if it doesn't happen people/groups like Cathy's Pet Salon come along and foster them until they find a good home for the animals.
I'd say we've got one hell of a nice service going. We've reunited animals lost as far as Cambridge, Pocomoke, Ocean City and even some throughout southern Delaware.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joe for all your help, for your caring enough to help.
P

Anonymous said...

Hats off to all of you for giving of yourselves to find this sweet pup a good home.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for providing this very vital service to the community and the pets. This is only one reason why this blog is so unique and informative.

jal said...

just another reason why I always get my news on slbys news