Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 04, 2009

A Letter To The Editor

Joe,

Just wanted to give you a Daily Times Heads Up. They had several different stories on delmarvanow.com and I put in the comment section in reference to the rally on Monday evening. They contacted me earlier this afternoon in reference to the story. I informed them that we were trying to get a rally together to protest crime, let them know how fed up we are with it and that we want Chief Webster removed from office. I explained to them that this was something that was started on YOUR website and that if they want to do a story on it that they could contact you directly. I certainly hope that they will follow through so that we can have as many people there as possible. I hope that I didn't step on your toes as that was not the intent. I just think the more people we have there the better. I also explained that Monday night was selected as that is when the council members met. One of the biggest things that I emphasized to them that whether you were a Joe Albero fan or not that wasn't the issue here. The issue here is that we don't want to live in fear any more and that the current administration obviously has their priorities screwed up. I also explained that this would be a peaceful rally and that enough is enough as far as Webster is concerned. As I stated before, I hope that I didn't step on your toes. If they contact you and do a story on it, I think it would be great publicity. Let me also add that while I am not a resident of City of Salisbury, I have family and friends that are and they are scared. I am planning on attending the rally because I think it's time to send a very clear message to this administration. Get off your ass and do something. It's not political, it's a matter of quality of life.

5 comments:

Moon Willow said...

I don't live in Salisbury, but I work there, and I'm scared, too. I refuse to make my business's bank deposits after dark and I won't go into convenience stores, either. My car doors stay locked. I breathe a sigh of relief every time I go home and get out of Salisbury.

I am absolutely boggled that someone has set up a "Cash For Gold" kiosk at the mall. It's only a matter of time before gunshots ring out at the mall...again.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter whether you LIVE in Salisbury or not. The crime rate affects everyone in Wicomico County. It is a county issue too.

Big turnout PLEASE!!! Send viral emails to everyone on your contact list. Let's spread the word....from Willards to Westwide, Delmar to Alllen - all need to show up!

Anonymous said...

Here is a LOL moment. That group that tried to win the All American cities award for Salisbury is at it again.....they think they have a BETTER chance this year.

Can you believe it??????

Anonymous said...

Very well put and I hope they do contact Mr. Albero and do this story. I don't live in the city of Salisbury, but do live in Wicomico county and there is an atmosphere of fear about all the rampant crime.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen WBOC's front page? The Mayor is opening the doors to let EVERY citizen speak their peace!! Thank you Jim!!!!