Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 16, 2016

A Letter To The Editor: A CALL FROM KATHY SZELIGA

Occasionally, not often, something happens during your day that is memorable…as a positive memory. That happened recently as I was at my favorite place, in front of my computer; the phone rang. Thinking it was just another “robo” call, I reluctantly reached for it and read, “Kathy Szeliga”…so I answered it.

It was Kathy herself wanting to talk to me…heavens! What on earth for?? For starters she thanked me for our contribution to her campaign, but the main thrust was, “What are your thoughts about the present political climate and likely candidates?”

As Claude Raines said in Casablanca, “I was shocked!, shocked I tell you…”. It wasn’t, as Claude was referring to Ricky’s place having gambling, but that Kathy actually called me in her busy day to thank me for my contribution, and ask my opinion.

From the age of reasoning to old age, we each have an ego; and since I qualify for the latter, Kathy touched my ego. I had already decided that she was my choice for the Senate run, but for her to take time from her busy schedule to call and ask my “opinion”, what else would you expect?

GO KATHY!

No comments: