Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Gay Veteran Denied Burial Next To Wife

According to the state of Idaho, a 74-year-old Navy veteran will not be allowed to be buried next to the love of her life.

Madelynn Taylor and her wife, Jean Mixner, were inseparable for 17 years, until Mixner passed away two years ago. After Mixner's death, Taylor went to the Idaho State Veterans Cemetery, where her brother and sister are also buried, and requested to be buried next to her wife's ashes when the times comes, according to Idaho news outlet KTVB.

Although the cemetery would normally permit veterans and their spouses to be buried next to one another, the Idaho Division of Veterans Services denied Taylor's application because the state refuses to recognize her marriage.

"I'm not surprised," Taylor said. "I've been discriminated against for 70 years, and they might as well discriminate against me in death as well as life."

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A whole new level of cruelty. Wow. Why can't people just keep their nose out of other peoples bedrooms and let consenting adults who love each other be happy? Isn't that what we all want anyway? To be happy?

How despicable. How unfathomably cruel.

Anonymous said...

Why can not people just keep their noses out our jobs? The gays are forcing companies to fire Christians all over America for their beliefs.

Why should I feel sympathy for people who want me fired? Who have gotten those I admire fired. Who have made freedom of religion invalid in America. There is no freedom of religion when if you practice it you starve with no job.

Seems to me a job is far more important than ashes next to ashes.

Sorry the Bible says this is a sin. Take it up with God. Leave me my first amendment rights. This was a christian nation. Now it is about to be a nothing nation with no rights at all.

Sorry but your gay friends actions now make me a gay hater. Happy?

Anonymous said...

7:43
Westboro baptist church is looking for members. I think they would like to have you there.