Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 11, 2011

Carl Anderton, Jr. Endorsement

The race for Mayor and two Commissioner positions for Delmar, Maryland, will come to an end Tuesday, November 15th at 7pm.  While I appreciate the support the community has showed me in my race for Commissioner, I wanted to take time out and offer my support to Carl Anderton, Jr. for Mayor. 
 
I have served with Carl on Delmar's Planning and Zoning Commission for over a year- first with Carl being a P&Z Commission member and then with him as the Chairman.  During this time I watched his hands-on approach to governance and have been very impressed.  Carl isn't a representative that takes a call from the public and turns your concerns over to others.  He takes charge and gets things done.  He is the type of leader our town needs at a very crucial time in our history.  He has a vision for the future of Delmar, but more importantly he has the ability to accomplish the vision he has for the future.  He is a man with a character of the highest order.  He has everything you could ask for in a leader and a friend.  I am proud to endorse Carl for the office of Mayor and look forward to rolling up my sleeves and helping him take Delmar to a new, better and brighter future. 
 
God Bless America and God Bless the Wildcats of Delmar, 
Tom "Bunky" Luffman, Jr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for Carl , Gibb and Bunky. I went to school with Bunky and when I talked to him he told me how Carl already responds to calls like a Mayor should. Bunky grew up here and I trust his judgment.