Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 15, 2011

Special Event Along Interstate I-95

Saturday, August 20

New Castle -- The Delaware Department of Transportation announces that a planned motorcycle rally to support 9/11 is expected to impact northbound Interstate 95 on Saturday, August 20.

This event will require the temporary closure of I-95 northbound on-ramps from the Newark Toll Plaza to I-295 for several minutes until the procession passes each on-ramp. In addition, ramps along I-295 between I-95 and Route 9 will be impacted as the motorcycles travel to Mike's Famous Harley-Davidson in New Castle for a rest stop. Once the procession passes, the ramps will be open to traffic onto I-95. Motorists should expect temporary delays beginning at 10:30 a.m. and ending around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, August 20.

After riders leave the Mike's Famous Harley-Davidson in New Castle, police officers will temporarily shut down the northbound traffic on the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

No comments: