Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 10, 2011

If Only Salisbury Could Get Such A Candidate!

TO: City of Crisfield

June 1, 2011

Crisfield Chamber of Commerce Crisfield Events Planner Board

I would like to take this time to share the interest I have in the "Crisfield Events Planner" position that recently became vacant due to the resignation of Allison Castellana. Allison did an admirable job over the past three years building a strong foundation with events that our city needs to increase visitors, tourism and provide things for our local citizens to do at a reasonable cost.

I believe it would be a great disappointment for Allison and the City of Crisfield if the Chamber and City didn’t take the necessary and immediate steps to insure these events will continue and GROW in the future.

While it's one thing for someone to volunteer to take over an event and go through the motions to make sure the event takes place, event planning really requires one's time and commitment - exactly what Allison had to do to get where we are today with several events.

Having been born and raised in Crisfield along with my entire family, I personally have been involved as a volunteer with many city events and organizations such as the National Hard Crab Derby, Boat Docking Committee (12 years), Master of Ceremonies for the Crab Picking Contest (7 years). Lower Somerset Rescue Squad, Crisfield Salvation Army, Crisfield Fire Dept, Elks Lodge 1044, American Legion Post 64, Relay for Life, Women Supporting Women, Crisfield Heritage Foundation and the Crisfield Lions Club.

These organizations and associated events are just a few for which I have volunteered, and I feel that my participation contributed greatly to the success enjoyed by these events. I have recently made calls to the Mayor of Crisfield and the President of the Chamber to inform them of my desire to take "Crisfield Events" to the next level. With my Crisfield heritage and my extensive experience in many of the community's events as noted above, I am a natural fit for the position.

I sincerely believe that timing is of the essence in replacing Allison such that responsibility for the events remains with the Events Planner position and not a cascade of time limited volunteers. Accordingly, I will make myself immediately available to assume the Events Planner position and to fully plan for and respond to the many responsibilities that comes with our upcoming tourist season.

Please consider my offer carefully as I know that I'm fully capable of bringing skilled management to the Events Planner position as well as new event ideas, new revenue opportunities and increased tourism to the City. 

Sincerely,
Erik Emely

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Salisbury. You can have him.
Sincerely,
Crisfield