Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Igloo recalls coolers after 5-year-old gets trapped inside one

Igloo says it is voluntarily recalling its Marine Elite coolers, citing a concern that the stainless steel latch could inadvertently close and lock someone inside.

The recall comes after a Florida boy climbed into the cooler in an attempt to prank his parents. WSVNreports 5-year-old Nicholas Wanes climbed inside the Marine Elite cooler on March 2. The station reports Nicholas was in the cooler with the top lid cracked open before it eventually shut and locked itself.

"When I got locked, I was scared,” Nicholas said. "Like I got locked in there forever."

His parents, Rob and Maria, heard him screaming and thankfully were able to rescue him from inside the cooler.


More 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A $500 cooler should have a latch on the inside, too.

Anonymous said...

$500 ?? Damn, I've never seen a cooler worth $500 in my life, and I'm over 60. I saw the video on tv, what makes a small cooler like that cost so much ?