Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 09, 2019

County Library Holding ‘Choose Civility’ Campaign

SNOW HILL – Following the success of last year’s campaign, the Worcester County Library will kick off a months-long initiative focused on civility.

Beginning this month, the Worcester County Library will launch a “Choose Civility” campaign to promote kindness, respect and civil discourse in the community. First presented by Howard County Public Library in 2007, the Choose Civility movement has since spread nationwide.

Library Director Jennifer Ranck said the Worcester County Library introduced the civility campaign last year.

“We had a great response and the staff really liked it,” she said. “We were fortunate enough to receive another grant to continue this initiative.”

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


I think the number one factor in 'civility' is respect.

I meet people every day that I don't necessarily agree with, but I try to remember that they are generally sincere in what they believe, and that they have every right to hold their beliefs whether I agree with them or not.

If I feel like I am smarter than they are and look down on them, that isn't going to produce a good result. Maybe we both have a good bit of truth and some error, so one isn't necessarily completely right.

I'll only draw my next breath by God's grace. I try to remember that when I get to feeling 'important' or smart.

Let's give others credit for their 'sincerly-held beliefs' and love them anyway, even if we can't see how they could be right. We can talk about things and share our ideas without being rude or arrogant. Just be kind, truthful and honest.



Anonymous said...

What the Hell does this have to do with the duties and function of a library? Someone needs to reel those idiots in.

They just tried to push "Impeach Trump" meetings through and now this!

Anonymous said...

The ones that really need this information never go to a library