Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 18, 2019

Utah mailman, 91, retires with perfect record after 69 years on job

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stayed this Utah courier from the swift completion of his appointed rounds.

Jack Lund, 91, of Richfield, retired from the U.S. Postal Service after a perfect 69 years on the job. He began his storied career in 1949 when he was 21 years old.

“Nobody has ever accused me of being smart, and I didn’t know you had to quit when you are 65, and I have enjoyed driving the truck, so it is what I wanted to do all my life, and I have enjoyed driving the truck,” Lund told KSL-TV.

Lund, a dedicated postman, never mailed it in. His fellow employees described him as the whole package -- reliable and always delivering despite poor weather or car trouble -- ABC 4 Newsreported.

“I was headed for Phoenix one day and there was four feet of snow on the mountain south of Panguitch and the highway patrolman told me I couldn’t go, and I said, ‘This is a mail truck and you can’t stop me unless it’s impossible.’ And I fooled him, I guess, because he let me go,” Lund recalled.

Last week, Lund decided it was finally time to retire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! May You Enjoy A Healthy And Long Retirement !

Anonymous said...

and?

Anonymous said...

Don't go "POSTAL" !!!!! All that time in the USPS !!!!!