Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Poll: 60% of Liberals Say Teen Sex is ‘Morally Acceptable'

The lastest results in Gallup's annual "Values and Beliefs"survey show that 60% of liberals believe teenagers having sex is "morally acceptable" while only 26% of conservatives say it is morally acceptable.

For the converse, 70% of conservatives say teen sex is "morally wrong" but only 37% of liberals say the same.

In the survey, Gallup asked, "I'm going to read you a list of issues. Regardless of whether or not you think it should be legal, for each one, please tell me whether you personally believe that in general it is morally acceptable or morally wrong. How about -- sex between teenagers?"

From the 1,024 adults surveyed, 54% said teen sex was "morally wrong" but 42% said it was "morally acceptable."

For the latter percentage, 42%, that's up 6 points from 36% in 2017, and it is up 10 points from when Gallup started asking the question in 2013.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believed it when I was a teen (long ago), and I believe it now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm a conservative now.