Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 06, 2017

30 Stores That Will Be Closed on Thanksgiving 2017

Is Thanksgiving the new Black Friday? It seems like major stores are opening earlier and earlier on Thanksgiving weekend, offering door busters just when many families are sitting down to their turkey and stuffing.

While some shoppers don’t mind lining up on Turkey Day for a great bargain, other consumers have resisted the trend, arguing that Thanksgiving Day should be a time for everyone, including store employees, to stay home with family. In response to pushback from some shoppers, a handful of stores that were open on Thanksgiving last year, including Sears Hometown Stores, Stein Mart and Shoe Carnival, are staying shut this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sent a threatening letter from Sears that stated, unless I use my card by December 31st, my credit limit on my Sears card would be reduced from 8000 to 2000 or they might cancel my card.

To keep it active, I would need to make a purchase by that date. Since they no longer have an electronics department, or any real selection of tools or men's clothing, I called them to cancel my card. I haven't used the card anyway in over 18 month's and I didn't like the threatening tone of the letter.

I called customer service and had them cancel my card. It's a sad end to what used to be a great store. I have my lawn and garden equipment, appliances and Big Screen TV from Sears. The service was so expensive and poor, I now have to call other businesses to repair my appliances.

I miss Montgomery Wards as well. I liked them better than Sears. I've called Shore Appliances for my new purchase of a refrigerator. Tired of constant issues with my Kenmore refrigerator. Ice Maker has cost me a fortune in repairs, and now the lights won't work in the Freezer. Replacing the bulb still doesn't work!