Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Why The Markets Are Overdue For A Gigantic Bust

Let me begin with a caveat: confirmation bias is an ever-present risk for an analyst such as myself.

If you're not familiar with the term, 'confirmation bias' suggests that once we've invested time and emotional energy into developing a worldview, we'll then seek information to confirm that view.

After writing about the economy for so many years, I'm now so convinced that we can't print our way to prosperity that I find myself seeing signs confirming this view everywhere, every single day. So that’s the danger to be aware of when listening to me. I'm going to keep repeating this mantra and Im going to keep finding data that supports this view.

Based on lots of historical inputs, I have concluded that Printing money out of thin air can engineer lots of things, including asset price bubbles and the redistribution of wealth from the masses to the elites. But it cannot print up real prosperity.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, we're all gonna die!

Anonymous said...

I see articles about this on SBYNews daily. What are you doing about the prediction? What should I be doing?

Anonymous said...

Professional money managers will continue to convince you (aka Merrill Lynch) that the markets will continue to go up, all the while they unload their positions to suckers like you and me. They will sit back and laugh while we clean up their mess.
If you don't believe me, watch the ratings they put on stocks when they they near the top: they will all have buy or hold ratings. When they reach bottom, that's when you'll see a sell recommendation.