Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 02, 2017

Gov. Hogan: Online Farewell To Dog That Died In His Arms

They say that a dog is man's best friend. That sure was true for me. For 16 years our dog Lexi has been a much loved member of our family. Through good times and bad, she was always happy, and her love was unconditional. It is hard to describe how much she meant to us and how much joy she brought to our hearts. Our family is so thankful, not only for the 16 years we got to spend with her, but also that we got to spend this one last Christmas with her. Sadly at 10:40 am this morning Lexi died in my arms as I kissed her goodbye. "Dogs have a way of finding people who need them, and filling an emptiness we didn't ever know we had." We sure will miss her.
 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

😰 Sincere condolences, we understand this feeling very much

Anonymous said...

I recently lost a animal after a decade and a half.I feel your pain and wish you the best though this trying time.

Anonymous said...

Animals are our angels.

Anonymous said...

How about worrying about our Human gun rights larry ?????

Anonymous said...

2:20
Please....another time.

Anonymous said...

Losing ones animals is the hardest thing you have to bare. They give unconditional love ask nothing more than a pat on the head and a little affection. A very sad time and how in the hell can anyone abuse them is beyond me as they are God's creatures.

Anonymous said...

Hey 2:20 you just proved animals are generally better than people. Sympathize with the Hogans.

Anonymous said...

I know what you are felling, my 16 year old crossed the rainbow bridge on 12/09/16. So sorry for your lost. (map)

Anonymous said...

You have to do it ONLINE?

Really?

Anonymous said...

Is it bad I feel worse for the dog then Denver moore?

Anonymous said...

I sincerely know how you feel and I am sorry for your loss, cats and dogs are truly mans best friend. They are nearer when you are sick, know when you need to cuddle and love to give 24/7. God Bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Here is a poem that has always helps me and others..I hope it brings comfort to you & your family in this time of loss and sorry.. Its titled THE WAY...
In the darknest I turned to go my last days done I'll miss you so..
No time even to say good-bye or lick the tears from your eyes....
That's when I heard you call my name..
I knew right then I must turn back to help ease your pain..
Sense I have no voice with which to speak,its whispers in your
dreams i'll make to ease your heart and rest your mind.
My time with you was the best of kind..
I couldn't have asked for a better friend,weve shared our journey
to the very end.
There's one final thing you need to know,i'll whisper in your ear
before I go. Im leaving first to find the way so I can lead you
back here with me on your last day..

good-bye my dear friend..


rob baker....

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. My Sweetsie died in my arms in August & I missed her so much I adopted a little doggie from Worcester county humane society. He is far from her, yet greatly appreciated for the warmth & love he's brought back into my life. My suggestion, Adopt a doggie to take her place.

Anonymous said...

Always sad when you lose a furbaby.