Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 02, 2017

2016 Now In The Rear View Mirror


2016 has been an incredible year for all of us here at Salisbury News. 

The day I started this Website, my intent was to deliver news and information our local media either refused to deliver and or took days to break the news.

Our Successes: Well, I believe we have certainly delivered exactly what my intent was from the beginning. The proof of our success is in the numbers. In 2016 Salisbury News exceeded more than 44,000,000 hits. We've published more than 875,000 comments. 

While we never dreamed this Site would produce anywhere near what we have accomplished, Salisbury News is by far the most well read News Website on the Shore. 

Appreciation: Salisbury News is NOT just Joe Albero. There are so many anonymous Contributors to help me each and every day, seven days a week. These are people who truly care about our Eastern Shore and our Unites States of America. I truly cannot thank them enough because they ALL make me look good. 

I want to also thank ALL of the people who send us thousands of breaking news stories, photos and tips. You know I can't be everywhere and I owe an amazing amount of gratitude to all these sources.

So what, (aside from the obvious above) delivered the tens of millions of hits. YOU DID! It's one thing to break a story and have an incredible day. However, tens of millions means that you not only come here, you keep coming back and very honestly we grow each and every day thanks to all of you.

Our Setbacks:  Truthfully, we simply haven't had any. The old days of certain elected officials forcing peace orders and lawsuits against me are gone. We're here to deliver truthful, factual and documented information that cannot be refuted. Hence our growth and success.

Projected Future: 2017 will deliver even more growth within Salisbury News. Not many know that I start my day at around 3 AM and run well into the late evenings, seven days a week. My office is now in our Ocean City home. Get this, for most of the years I've been running Salisbury News in Delmar, I did so on a wireless card because that home is in the country with no Internet access. Talk about SLOW! By relocating to Ocean City I've been able to take advantage of very high speed Internet access and trust me, it's heaven in so many ways. For example, pictures load in two seconds in OC while they took 2 minutes each in Delmar.

Many of you have asked if we could return to a daily news broadcast. We will deliver a regular news broadcast in 2017. Nothing real fancy, no acting, just real news. 

Help: We can always use help. What I wouldn't do to have a few people help us out with comments on a daily basis. If you're retired and would like to help us moderate comments, feel free to contact me. Breaking news and even more contributors who have a passion for the Shore who'd be interested in writing, contact me. What we do is very rewarding. 

Advertisers: I can never thank the very people who support what we do here at Salisbury News enough. The things we are able to do with the advertising revenue by Paying It Forward is the ultimate reward for us. We will be working hard this year to reach out to more advertisers to do even more. 

Finally: To my Wife and Grandson who afford me the time and space to do this every day, Thank You! 13 years of doing this every day has denied them proper vacations and quality family time with me. With any hope that will change this year.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good reflection Joe....much success in 2017!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year, Mr. Albero!

Anonymous said...

Thanks from all of us readers, Joe, for your dedication and hard work! Happy New Year and a blessed 2017 to all!

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS SBYNEWS!!! Seriously - our family and I really do appreciate all the effort that you and your contributors put-in. I tip my hat to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks always to you Joe. Reading OUR REAL news EVERYDAY here on the shore and looking out over the Assawoman Bay is truly a blessing.

Happy New Year 2017 and see-ya 2016!
I'd be remiss not to mention ONLY 5 days until T.G.I.F!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

just know you and your hard work are appreciated by more than you realize...I come to this site daily and look forward to seeing local, state, national and some international news. again; many thanks...

Anonymous said...

Greetings from sunny Florida!
Although we have moved permanently to the Sunshine State we still appreciate and enjoy reading your blog each and every day.
Thank you for your hard work and look forward to 2017!
Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe and Crew, for your part in keeping America on the right track. Major blessings in 2017!

Anonymous said...

I always do Salisbury News after the other sites I visit...saving the BEST for last! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joe for keeping us informed of the "real news" . I look forward to visiting your site at least once (or more) a day to get the latest and up-to-date factual news! Have a Happy New Year and I appreciate all you do throughout the year to keep up all "in the loop".

Anonymous said...

It's the first thing I check each morning and several times during the day.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love Salisbury News. Thank you for all you do and Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Did Verizon not have DSL available in you area Delmar?

Comcast offers up to 25 Mbps internet only in southwest Delaware for $29.99.

Sand Box John

Anonymous said...

hi joe, one of the dirty dozen. one thing no one can deny salisbury does not smell after you got on the waste water treatment plant. speaking of that when will it be finished and what is it's capacity?

JoeAlbero said...

No, there's no DSL nor Comcast.

Anonymous said...

To Joe and crew: As a fairly new contributor of opinion I just want to thank you all for providing a forum where I can speak my mind. I also want to thank all those morons who don't share my opinion! (Kidding) SBY NEWS provides an excellent platform to speak your mind on subjects that matter. I plan on cancelling my news paper subscription soon as it seems like such a waste now.

Anonymous said...

Another of the "original dirty dozen," who was just looking for transparency and accountability from our local government...thank you!

Anonymous said...

Joe, I think you provide an excellent service with Salisbury News, and it's obvious you have real caring and concern for this area. Especially useful is your connecting lost dogs with their families. I read your blog every day to see what's happening locally.. Bless you for the good work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for Getting the Truth of
the News out there!!!

You need to take a long vacation with
your family----Life is Short---enjoy
your time with them too. Salisbury
News will still be here because
we KNOW You'll BE BACK.

Thanks Joe for the TRUTH !!!!!!

Now, plan that vacation you & the
family well deserve!