Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Netanyahu: Before peace with enemies, make peace among ourselves

Memorial Day for Israel's fallen fighters and terror victims begins with Prime Minister's address at Jerusalem memorial.

Israel's Remembrance Day events opened Tuesday evening in Jerusalem, with the annual ceremony for fallen IDF soldiers in Jerusalem's Yad L'Banim center.

Speaking at the ceremony, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu cited his own personal loss: his brother Yoni was famously killed during the daring raid to free Jewish hostages in Entebbe, Uganda, in 1976.

"As the son of a bereaved family, I like you carry the burden of grief, falling into the abyss of sadness," he told the audience of bereaved family members. "When I received the news about my brother, and after that when I relayed it to my parents, my entire world collapsed on me. The same thing happened to you."

Paying tribute to the 23,447 soldiers who have died defending the State of Israel, Netanyahu said each and every citizen of Israel shared in their sense of loss and stood in honor of them on Yom Hazikaron (Memorial Day).

More here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy makes sense, does anyone think BO is listening?

Anonymous said...

They aren't defending the state of Israel, they are expanding it.