A Gillett, Wisconsin, high school school teacher went to the hospital after a group of students filled his soda with cleaning solution, police say.
On Oct. 20, the Gillett Secondary School teacher noticed a strange smell coming from his bottle after he had left it unattended, Fox 11 News reports.
“Something was off. He thought that maybe a foreign substance could have been put in it,” school superintendent Todd Carlson told Fox 11.
While the teacher had no symptoms, he decided to admit himself to the hospital as a precaution.
“We no longer have chalkboards, we have dry-erase markers and there is a cleaner that is sprayed on the board to clean off the residue,” Carlson added. “It was the cleaner that was sprayed into the bottle; not a great amount but enough to be concerned.”