Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fitness-Focused Middle School Teacher Wins Battle Over Bikini Photos

Mindi Jensen is a teacher at North Sanpete Middle School in Moroni, Utah, but after the bell dismissing her students rings, she’s fitness model and competitor. Photos of her working out and wearing bikinis made their way online, and someone complained about the images to school officials.

At first, Jensen agreed to make the photos private. “Then I thought, 'Why am I taking this picture off?'” she told Fox 13 Now. “I get comments and messages that it's inspirational to them, and that these women like my story, and they're following my story, and if I put it to private then it's not going to reach these people that might need and understand me.”

Jensen told Good4Utah that she uses an alias online and that her fitness is important to her. She was depressed at one point and dropped to 100 pounds before deciding to make a change.

“I’m new here, I’m divorced. I’m doing this all for the first time,” she said.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people will complain about ANYTHING.. Weight lifters are proud of their muscles and don't mind showing them.... and MOST of them are discreet enough for the most critical person. Pity the poor children who live in such an restricting environment.

Anonymous said...

I bet she doesn't take ANY BS from her disruptive students. I wouldn't want to cross her either. Probably the best teacher in the school..

Anonymous said...

This is offensive but it's ok to 10 wives in Utah. Go figure!