Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 22, 2015

How to never have a serious poison ivy rash again!

I am very allergic to poison ivy yet am no longer afraid to touch it because I understand how to avoid getting a rash.

When I retired as a research scientist I had been involved in studies of wound healing, immunology, and inflammation of the skin for over 25 years. After retiring I started spending much of my time in the woods doing work on deer habitat. I had several serious bouts with poison ivy before I decided I was either going to figure things out or quit working in the woods. I figured it out. I know now how poison ivy works, and so I doubt I will ever have a serious rash again. If I do, it will be my fault not the fault of the poison ivy. Watch this video and I believe that you will be convinced that you do not have to fear poison ivy. How it infects you is actually no mysterious at all but is really quite simple. You can act to never have a serious poison ivy rash again.

My upcoming book, “Extreme Deer Habitat” will have an entire chapter with lots of other tips about how to prevent and treat poison ivy, oak, and sumac reactions.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Don't burn it and inhale the smoke for the same reason!

Anonymous said...

This is good to know.

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's what Bill Clinton told me too