Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 22, 2015

A Combat Veteran's Story of Transgender Life in the Army

Staff Sgt. King works in the headquarters of Fort Carson's 4th Infantry Division.

A three-tour veteran of Afghanistan combat, King is fighting a different battle now.

She's becoming the person she's felt destined to be since the age of 13.

"I'm the first openly transgender infantryman in the Army," King said.

The Army has accepted lesbians and gays into the ranks since 2011, but transgender life is a violation of regulations -- a fireable offense.

"These conditions render an individual administratively unfit rather than unfit because of physical illness or medical disability," Army regulations say.

But this year, the Army is changing, slowly, on the issue of transgender service. So is Patricia.

"As I grew up I dealt with my feelings quietly." -- from Patricia King's blog.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enough of the foolishness. Now it's the cause du jour, and all of these warm and fuzzy stories are flooding out about these confused individuals. If I feel like I always wanted to be a MLB pitcher, can I get paid like one?

Anonymous said...

Kinda like being in love with a married women. You want to tell her husband but don't want to cause her pain

Anonymous said...

Everyone knows Klinger was the first trans in the Army! sheesh!

Anonymous said...

All of this I want to be a man, I want to be a woman, I want to be black because I feel like I am - ENOUGH ALREADY! Quit giving these nut cases publicity, after all, that's what they really want and go to extremes to get it.

Anonymous said...

10:25 After all Klinger never did get Colonel Potter to go for the she-male stunt. They weren't corrupted by the liberal media yet at that time.

Anonymous said...

Obama feels like he is a King so he has appointed himself one!

Anonymous said...

10:49 Now that is the truth!