Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Texas legislature pushing for open carry in 2015

Long depicted as the rootin'-tootin' capital of American gun culture, Texas is one of the few states with an outright ban on the open carry of handguns.

That could change in 2015, with the Republican-dominated Legislature and Gov.-elect Greg Abbott expected to push for expanded gun rights.

'If open carry is good enough for Massachusetts, it's good enough for the state of Texas' Abbott said the day after his election last month.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As it should be... shouldn't even need a "bill".

Anonymous said...

Now lets see if & when this will happen in Md. I feel and there are many that feel the same.It's our 2nd amendments rights. We should be able to open carry at all times. As long as you are a law abiding resident of the State of Md. When will the politicians in this state wake up. All the street thugs and criminals get away with open carry with handguns with no serial#. What's up with that ?

Anonymous said...

I have a question? If I open carry in Maryland what is the penalty. After-all, I have a copy of Constitution with me as my permit. I would gladly pay a fine in order to save my life and that of my family.

Anonymous said...

The penalty is felony jail time, 1201. Not my favorite thing. I need a new state to pay taxes to.